Tuesday 8 July 2008

Scammonden Dam Hillclimb

Next outing for the MX5Scotland sponsored RacingFive is at Scammonden Dam, next to the M62 in West Yorkshire on Sunday.

The climb is round 6 of the TJ Services Northern Speed Championship. My class (Roadgoing Production Cars over 1400cc) is very close this season. :D

All the front runners have completed three rounds and I'm currently leading on 73 points. Hot on my heels is Paul Rigg in the race-prepared MGF VVC 160 on 72 points then joint third are Rich Lewthwaite in the Seat and Chris Harris in the 190bhp Elise on 70 points.

Both the MGF and the Elise are competing this weekend so I really need to beat them to consolidate my position. I only managed to beat them once - at Kames where I had local advantage and the weather on my side. I'm hoping my recent alignment and practice at Llandow will give me a fighting chance.

I'll have a full report on my return and hopefully some photos too.

You can see a video of the course here (.wmv format)

The rest of the season is shaping up as follows:

2 August - Elvington, York (Northern Championship)
3 August - Kames (Scottish Championship)
24 August - Forrestburn (Scottish and Northern Championships)
4 October - Kames (Northern Championship)

No comments:

Post a Comment