Friday 2 January 2009

Winter testing

Happy New Year!

I haven't made any changes to the car yet but I did manage to get down to Kames between Christmas and New Year to blow away the cobwebs.

East Ayrshire Car Club ran a test day on 28 December and I thought I'd get some practice in. Little did I know there would be an artic freeze overnight!

I arrived at the track around 10.30am and it was still covered in frost. The first couple of hours were 'interesting' to say the least - I felt a bit like a scandanavian rally driver at times!

By about 2pm the track had cleared up nicely and I was able to push a bit. I really need to re-learn how to drive though - I still feel much slower than this time last year and I think it's my driving style which has become too aggressive.

Off to Autosport show next weekend and I'm picking up the new head and a spare shortblock on the trip too.

No comments:

Post a Comment