Wednesday 9 September 2009

The racing is interupted

Forrestburn 29 Aug 2009
Photo: Stephen Hynds

Forrestburn on 29 August saw the VX out for its first run. I managed a time similar to my MX-5 times (58.4sec) which was ok, if a touch disappointing. I think I need lots of practice before venturing out on the hills again in the VX.

I should have been at Ty Croes on Anglesey for the weekend of 5/6 September but due to my wife suddenly taking ill and me having to ferry back and forwards to hospital and watch the kids, I had to pull out at the last minute. I had been really looking forward to it but it can wait. Thankfully, the better half is now on the road to recovery.

For next year's campaign, I've acquired a small trailer to allow me to take the family with me and save some miles on the car. I'll be on the lookout for a cheap estate towcar soon - I fancy either a Volvo V70 (again!), a Skoda Octavia (again!) or a Vauxhall Omega (for the first time!).

Finally, I'm off to Bo'ness for the hillclimb revival on Saturday - I'll try and remember my camera! Then I'm off with my eldest (he's only 3!) on a run with the Scottish Fivers on Sunday - that should be a laugh.

1 comment:

  1. Hye Kev, thought of you yesterday when I was parked next to a VX in the paddock at Mallory Park. Smashin' car. Used to drive a Vaux Carlton years ago - loads of grunt, dead reliable. If it's successor is anywhere near as good, an Omega'd be fab as a tow car. Glad to see you're still racing, enjoy.

    ReplyDelete