Saturday 22 January 2011

Slipped Disc

Ok, my MSA licence has arrived but already things have started to go awry for 2011.

Firstly, thanks to a mistake in the championship calendar, I've booked the wrong dates for my accomodation at the May Fintray hillclimb. I can't change the dates and the room is not refundable so I'm £60 out of pocket - that's effectively an event I'll have to miss!

Then, there's the slight hinderance of my back injury. Turns out I've got a proplasped L5 disc which is severely hampering my ability to stand up, never mind actually walk. The result is I can't do any work on the Metro and I don't know how long it will take to get better. The test day I had planned for next weekend looks in serious doubt......

As for good news, well I bought a nice gazebo at Autosport International and it arrived yesterday safe and sound. I can't open the box though as its too heavy for me to lift!

I've also got hold of a nice wee Odyssey battery which should save a few kilos. I still need a couple of lightweight bucket seats though.

No comments:

Post a Comment