Friday 6 January 2012

Work on the RacingSaxo begins

Happy New Year !

I've taken advantage of some time off work to make a start on fixing the niggles on the Saxo. The main items that need sorting are the exhaust manifold which fouls on the oil filter, the cam seals which leak and a few bits and bobs to get through the MOT.

I started by taking a photo of the engine bay as it was to help me put it all back together:
IMAG0101

Then I decided access would be much easier if I took the bonner and the front of the car off.

IMAG0105

It would be even easier if the radiator was out of the way so It came out too and then the manifold just slipped off no problem at all.

IMAG0110

The old Janspeed manifold is well bent and bashed on the bottom. I hope the replacement I've ordered off eBay is a better fit.

IMAG0111

So, that's it all ready for the new manifold to be bolted in to place. I just need to decide whether to splash out and get it ceramic coated to keep the engine bay temps down.....

Next up, the cam seals.

No comments:

Post a Comment