Monday 9 July 2012

Time for an update

It's been a while since I posted here. I did try but I had some technical glitches with my smartphone and I rarely get the old laptop out these days.  That and I've been busy with my family and my new car purchase - a 1983 Mercedes S class!

Anyway, back to the racing car.  The oil leak seems to have been fixed (hooray) and I've had it out at Teesside and Barbon since my last post.  Both outings were great competitive days with great craic from the Wigton Motor Club guys.  I managed to bag some worthwhile championship points from both events although didn't manage to get any trophys at either.

Barbon was particularly interesting in terms of the weather.  There were times when it looked like the whole event was going to be abandoned and that is exactly what happened, albeit after I had my four runs.  My last run was comical - I must have forgotten to shut the tailgate properly and managed to do the whole run with the tailgate acting as a massive air brake!

IMAG0515
The Barbon Paddock

IMAG0516
Barbon timed run results

I've bought some new tyres - I opted for Maxsport RB5 principally on the basis of cost.  They should last me a couple of seasons.

Finally, I've fitted a new programmable ECU but have done nothing about getting it up and running, never mind mapping it.  It will probably have to come off again before my next event.

Talking of which, I had planned on doing Kames at the end of July but I had to curtail my family holiday last week due to chickenpox and I've re-scheduled it for the Kames weekend - sometimes family comes before racing.

IMAG0554
The new ECU

No comments:

Post a Comment