Saturday 4 October 2008

Kames Charity Sprint

04102008552

Just back from a very wet and dreary Kames where EACC had organised a Charity Sprint for the first time in a few years.

Not many souls braved the atrocious weather but even so, it looks like they raised a fair amount for the Cash for Kids appeal.

There was only one other competitor in my class - Alastair Matheson - who normally drives a TVR Griffith. Unfortunately, he had some oil pressure problems and had to turn out his other car - a lovely old Porsche 944 S2. With the relentless wet weather, it was probably just as well he didn't bring the TVR!

04102008550

This was my first competitive outing on the Marangonis and I have to say I was a bit worried given the reports on their wet weather performance.

My first run was a very tentative 117secs. The Porsche did 117 too.

Second run I managed 113secs and the porsche did too! I decided to make some adjustments to the suspension (soften it up). Worked a treat! I managed 109secs on my first timed run - Porsche managed 114secs. I knew he had too much to do at that stage

Final run and the rain got a bit heavier again - I posted 111secs and the Porsche managed 112secs.

So, a class win in the rain, on Marangonis and I beat my previous best wet time!

Looking forward to tomorrow now!

No comments:

Post a Comment