Saturday 31 July 2010

Kames Sprint 31 July

Just a quick note after a tiring day at Kames. The weather was unpredictable with frequent showers but I managed a new personal best of 96.21 secs - taking over 1 second off my previous best. It was good enough for second in class (I got a trophy!) behind Ian Duncan who did a blistering 95.89 secs. Ian is a wee bit inconsistent (that time was 3 sec wuicker than any of his other times today) but when he's flying, he is pretty quick!

Alistair Matheson was 3rd in the TVR with 97.37 - also a personal best and Jamie McDonald 4th with 99.41 - yet another personal best. The class was propped up by Duncan McAdam in the Lotus 2-11 who seemed to have a disastrous day only managing 99.51 sec.

So, I'm getting near my season target time of sub-96 secs but as that is probably my last clockwise event at Kames in 2010, it will have to wait until next year.

Tomorrow is anti-clockwise and hopefully the weather will be kinder. I'm looking to beat my PB of 87.60 secs set in June and get revenge of Ian Duncan and his pesky Mazda rotary thing. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment