Friday 30 March 2012

MOT sorted

I just heard that the Saxo passed its MOT today so that's one thing sorted. I'll be going to pick it up tomorrow. Camseals are sorted and a few other wee bits and bobs done too.

I also picked up a nice secondhand Sparco suit in fairly inoffensive black, FIA 8856-2000 standard and it fits perfect! Just need to sell the oversized suit I bought back in February.

First event entry is in - Kames on 15 April - a round of the Lowland Speed Championship and the Cross Border Speed Championship. I decided not to enter the Guyson championships this year as funds are very tight and I'll be concentrating on the Cross Border Championship.

I'll be taking the Saxo down to Kames this Sunday for a wee shakedown test to see how everything is bearing up. MOT man said it could do with new pads (not sure whether front or rear yet) so I might need to sort that out. Also, the idle still isn't quite right (never was) but no point in fixing that until the new ECU is here, fitted and mapped. On that front, I expect some news in the next couple of weeks.....

No comments:

Post a Comment