Tuesday 10 April 2012

4 days to go

First event of 2012 is looming (this Sunday) and I still have a pile of jobs to sort out.

I still have to fix the bottom radiator hose which was a real pig to get off due to the very restricted access at the rear of the engine. Finding a replacement has been troublesome too. The secondhand one I bought was the wrong one (they changed the angle of the connector pipe in about 2001) and the new one I bought for a 106 Gti is too short (106s must be shorter). So, a bodge will be needed before Sunday.

IMAG0395
Two hoses - one fits, one doesn't

I still have the blowing exhaust to fix, road tax to get and a timing strut to make so I'm going to be busy this week.

On the positive side, the entry for Sunday's event at Kames is very healthy - I think I counted around 80 entries which is fantastic. There are 10 in my class alone which will make for some great competition - something I've missed in the last year or two. On paper, I should be quite competitive although there is a very quick Toyota Starlet that is capable of sub-96 secs which I won't manage. I'm aiming to get a time of around 98 secs if the weather is kind.

No comments:

Post a Comment