Wednesday 16 May 2012

Getting ready for Kames

The other night I decided I'd better try and fix the rocker cover oil leak in preparation for Kames this coming Sunday. I took my time stripping off all the old gasket material and cleaned the mating faces thoroughly with degreaser before putting a bead of Loctite black silicone on. When I did the second cover, the tube burst and made a hell of a mess - good job I was wearing gloves! I haven't tested it yet (I am so lazy) but it can't be any worse than it was. I still have to fix the water leak from the bodged hose but that's no more than a minor irritation to be honest. The Saxo hasn't even been off the trailer since the last outing in April so it will be interesting to see how I get on. I really should get my finger out. The event itself is a bit of an extra for me. I decided to focus on the Brockbanks Cross Border Speed Championship run by Wigton Motor Club this year. Sunday's event is not part of that but there a few guys from the Wigton club coming up so it seemed like a good idea to get some practice. Upcoming events after Sunday are an AutoSOLO at Penrith on 27 May, Teesside Sprint on 4 June and Barbon Hillclimb on 16 June. I might also sneak in a trip to Forrestburn on the following weekend.....

No comments:

Post a Comment