Wednesday 2 May 2012

Next events - Kames and Teesside

I've sent off my entries for my next two events - Kames on the 20th May and Teesside Autodrome, Middlesburgh on the 4 June. In between, I might be doing a wee AutoSolo down at Penrith just to get some seat time with the Saxo. I got my times for the April event at Kames and as I thought, I was pretty slow until the last run when I did a (just) sub-100 sec run. Looking back, there were quite a few mistakes on that run so I think a low 98 sec run is perfectly feasible for me and with a bit more time in the car, I should be able to get into the 97s and maybe 96s. On paper, the car is as fast as the VX220 was and I managed 96 sec runs with that. On the car front, I haven't even taken the Saxo off the trailer as I've been focussed on getting my old Volvo barge through its MOT. That took a bit more effort than I had hoped but it's now done so I can get on to thinking about fixing the oil and water leaks on the Saxo.

No comments:

Post a Comment