Friday 10 April 2009

Terrific Teesside


Phot: Martin Peacock

Just back from Teesside in Middlesbrough for the first roound of the TJ Services Northern Speed Championship.

There was a good turn out in my class (R2) with 7 entries including another MX-5. Running a single lap format, we managed two practice runs and a total of 8 timed runs. Yes you read that right - 8 timed runs. Fantastic value for money.

I am getting really consistent (which is good). I managed three consecutive runs of 56.21, 56.21, 56.20 which proved to be my fastest time. It was good enough for thrid in class, the winner being novice Dave Exton in his MR2 who did the lap of his life in 55.16 secs. Second place went to Paul Rigg in the MGF with 55.48.

The class is much closer this year and I think it will be a close run thing all season. Next outing in this championship is Teesside on 24 May.

I got home in 3.5 hours and spent the evening changing the ARB droplinks which had finally given up the ghost today. I've also changed to my Toyo T1-R tyres for the weekend's activities at Kames..........

No comments:

Post a Comment