Monday 27 April 2009

Doune Hillclimb 19/29 April

I took the family up to Doune to watch the hillclimb last weekend and what a superb couple of days it proved to be.

Doune is known as 'The King of the Hills' in the UK, being the longest and arguably most challenging climb in the country. The facilities are pretty good - with full access to the hill and good spectating.

The weather turned out to be fantastic and several class records were broken - including the Class A8 record (the class I compete in) - taken in spectacular style by Graeme Bremner in the mighty Exige. Graeme seems to have developed the car pretty nicely over the winter and it looks unlikely that there will be any serious challenge to his position in Class A8 this year.

I took the opportunity to practice my photography with my free digi-SLR that I got given for my birthday. I need to get a decent, fast tele lens but I did manage to get a couple of nearly half-decent action shots using the crappy kit zoom lens.

Doune Hillclimb 18 April 09

Doune Hillclimb 18 April 09

Doune Hillclimb 18 April 09

No comments:

Post a Comment