Friday 26 June 2009

Update time

It's a while since I posted because I've been away on holiday with the family!

Before I went, I had a cracking weekend of motorsport, firstly at Barbon and then at Kames.

It was my third visit to Barbon and I managed to thrash my previous best time by over a second posting 32.56secs which I was very chuffed with. Unfortunately, it wasn't enough to gain maximum points in the TJ Services Northern Speed Championship as Paul Rigg humbled me with a blistering 31.72secs on his first trip to the venue. Paul kindly said it wasn't much of test of skill - I guess he is right as the course has just three corners - but it was a good time nonetheless.

Kames the next day was interesting - conditions seemed good but the track wasn't particularly fast. I tried a bit of grass cutting on the first practice run and got a stern telling off from the Clerk of the Course - I did consider arguing but thought better of it! My best time was 102.09secs which only saw me come last in class as usual!

I'm off to Forrestburn this Sunday. Hope to beat my best of 58.64secs set in April 2008.

No comments:

Post a Comment