Thursday 2 July 2009

Foggy Forrestburn

Forrestburn 28 Jun 09 by Stephen Hynds

Photo: Stephen Hynds


Sunday was an interesting day at Forrestburn. Whilst the rest of the country basked in a heatwave, the microclimate of central Scotland cast a dense fog patch on the hillclimb venue at Forrestburn.

The event was a round of the Lowland Speed Championship but I was treating it as a practice for the August event which is a round of the TJ Services Northern Speed Championship.

I had been misplaced into the A6 class along with the Westfields and Caterhams so coming last was always on the cards. So, I set my sights on trying to get near my previous personal best of 58.64 secs, set last year after my rather spectacular off in first practice.

This time, I took it very easy in practice as the damp conditions proved treacherous. After lunch, the track started drying up an I managed a best run in the low 59secs - about a half a second off my best. I was quite pleased with that. The whole event wrapped up by 2.30pm and I was back home by 3.00pm!

Off to Harewood this coming weekend for my fourth round of the HSA/Richard Egger Insurance Speed Championship. Its also a round of the SBD British Championship so the spectating should be good - I'll take my camera!

No comments:

Post a Comment