Sunday 26 September 2010

Metro goes to Kames

I took the Metro to Kames for a wee end of season test today. The weather was great so I got a good idea of how the car performs. I ran with the Kuhmo V70 hard compound tyres all round to start and then changed the rears to the soft compound for the later runs. The tyres grip really well but the passenger front tyre takes a real pounding - even the hard compound was suffering after a few runs.

I was managing clockwise runs in the 104-105 sec range so its not far off the old MX-5 but a good 10 secs slower than the VX220. Still, with some developments that I am mulling over, it should be well competitive in the Scottish and Wigton championship classes. I'm starting to look forward to 2011.....

I grabbed some in car so you can hear the great sound of a straight racing exhaust.....

No comments:

Post a Comment