Monday 25 August 2008

Forrestburn Hillclimb

Forrestburn 24 August 2008
Photo: SkinnyDoug

Yesterday was my first outing on the hill Forrestburn since I had 'fallen' off the track back in April, ending just a few metres from a very deep reservoir. This was near the forefront of my mind as I sat on the startline waiting for the green light.

I eased myself in with a nice gentle practice run of 62 secs. I was hopeful I could get near my previous best time of 58.64 secs. However, my second run was in the 61 secs and I was still being very cautious at the first corner where I went off in April. The third run of 60secs was a bit better but still disappointing.

By the last run, I had managed to get down to 59.04 - about half a second off my best.

On the positive side, I had managed to keep it on the track and, as I was the only championship runner in my class, I get 25 points in the TJ Services Northern Speed Championship.

This means the top 5 (unofficial) class R2 positions with two rounds to go are:

CompetitorCarPoints
Kev Hamilton (me)Mazda MX-5157
Dennis HopeMGF VVC113
Andy SuterCitroen Saxo98
Paul RiggMGF VVC97
Chris HarrisLotus Elise80


This lead gives me a cracking chance of clinching the Class at the final round at Kames on 5 October.

No comments:

Post a Comment