Friday 8 May 2009

MOT Passed

After a nervous wait, the RacingFive passed its MOT today with no real problems. Only brake pads and uneven tyre wear were raised as advisories.

I've already got a new set of Axxis Ultimate pads to fit and the uneven tyre wear is to be expected given what I use the car for!

I had the car up at ProGrip in Bonnybridge to have the geometry adjusted last week but John had real problems adjusting the rear due to the sticking bolts. So, I am stuck at -2 degrees until I re-bush it. John did manage to add a bit of toe-in whch should help the tyre temps in the short term. I am now thinking of getting re-conditioned wishbones to save having to pull the old bushes out.

Next competitive outing is the Machars Car Club sprint at Kames on 24 May but I might try and get a test day in before then.

I'm also thinking of buying a Mk2 RS as a starting point for the RacingFive replacement. Just a thought at the moment........

No comments:

Post a Comment