Saturday 2 May 2009

Scarborough Success

02/05/2009
Great day at sunny Scarborough today. I won the battle of the MX-5s by 1.6 seconds and just missed out on the class win to Stephen Palmer's 180bhp Honda Civic - he beat me by 0.25secs.

Interesting hill - the first half was flat out slightly downhill (hitting rev limiter in third) to a hairpin and then very steep up, with a wee chicane at the top. Its on a public road (closed for the day) which much be pretty unusual (if not unique).

I really need a limited slip diff - I was having trouble getting the power down out of the hairpin.

There weren't many cars there but there were LOADS of motor bikes. That's the first time I've seen a bike hillclimb and it was quite exciting.

Next hurdle is to get the car through its MOT before Kames and Teesside at the end of May.

1 comment: