Monday 18 May 2009

Preparing for the weekend

I've got another busy weekend with testing at Kames on Saturday, the Machars Car Club sprint on Sunday (a round of the Lowland Championship) and then down to Teesside for Round 2 of the TJ Services Northern Speed Championship on Monday.

In preparation, I'm replacing the front brake pads since the MOT tester said that they were 'worn down to the squeelers!' I've already done the offside and it's the first time I've looked at the front brakes for a year and it shows! The slider pins are gummed up and the caliper seals are starting to perish but they should last another few months. I'll order up some new slider pins and look at getting refurbed calipers later in the season. The good news is that the discs seem to be ok.

The new pads are Axxis Ultimates from Performance5.com - I've been on Mintex 1144 for the past year and I've never been that happy with them so it will be good to see if the Axxis pads are as good as I remember.

No comments:

Post a Comment