Tuesday 7 July 2009

Gearing up for Scammonden

14/07/2008
Scammonden Hillclimb - July 2008

The final instructions arrived today for the hillclimb at Scammonden Dam, near Huddersfield this coming Sunday. There's a fairly small entry which means we should get loads of runs if it stays dry.

For me, it's my second visit to the Yorkshire venue and I'm keen to beat my PB of 31.06secs from last year. It's round 4 of the TJ Services Northern Speed Championship where I'm currently sitting second in class on 24 points behind Paul Rigg (MGF) on 26 points.

There's 10 class points for a win and Paul isn't there due to racing commitments so I have to make it work for me! Unfortunately, I have the competition of Dave Exton in his MR2, Stephen Palmer in his powerful Honda Civic and the return of Chris Harris in is well sorted S2 Elise. I've beaten them all at some stage but at the same time, they've all beaten me - and I'm not particularly good on the hills!

The car was starting to feel a bit tired at Harewood - the dreaded suspension clunk is back and it really needs a full service. I might get some time on Friday to change the oil and look at the clunk but time is tight........

No comments:

Post a Comment